Donate now to gift them a great quality bike or scooter
Starting out on their Australian adventure
“Andriy loves his new white scooter”
(right) donated by Revolve Recycling which – besides the colour – is just like his prized blue one (left) he had to leave behind when he fled Ukraine with his mum.
What to give?
· $80 will pay for the collection and restoration of one bike for a refugee child.
· $160 will pay for two bikes to be donated to two children.
· $10 or $25 will help pay for parts to restore the bikes, such as tires or brakes.
When your world gets turned upside down, it’s the little things that can have the biggest impact.
When Russia invaded Eastern Ukraine in 2014, a local woman by the name of Inna acted fast to keep her newborn baby son, Andriy safe.
Inna, her husband, and daughter, with baby Andriy in tow, hurriedly packed up their home in the city of Donetsk, and left everything behind to start a new life in Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital, away from the invaders.
In February 2022, Andriy, now 8 years old, found himself having to flee the Russians for the second time in his young life. This time Inna and Andriy said goodbye to his father and big sister, as they made the perilous journey to the border, and into Poland.
Not only did Andriy and Inna have to farewell their loved ones, but all their possessions which included Andriy’s much loved, prized blue scooter.
Once the Revolve Recycling team heard about Andriy and his dream for a new scooter like the one he had to abandon in Kyiv, they got to work, checking all incoming scooters until we found the perfect match!
Soon, a perfectly restored scooter – just like the one Andriy had in Ukraine except white – was handed to Andriy and he was scooting around with joy!
DONATE NOW TO HELP WELCOME A CHILD LIKE ANDRIY FROM A REFUGEE FAMILY WITH A FREE QUALITY BIKE OR SCOOTER
Revolve ReCYCLING strongly believes that bikes and personal mobility can help communities become fairer and happier places. It’s why we’re committed to what we call “bike equity” through our actions:
● Donating all salvageable kids’ bikes to charitable causes, including a collaboration with AusCycling to provide a “bike library” for disadvantaged kids in Maitland and soon elsewhere
● Providing free bikes and scooters to refugee kids, recently including 12 kids from war-torn Ukraine
● Partnering with Benevolent Society to donate kids bikes to children of families who struggle financially
● Partnering with Bikes 4 Life, a charity which gets quality bikes to impoverished families here and overseas (where they can make a massive economic difference)
DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT THIS WONDERFUL COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM OF REVOLVE RECYCLING